Sunday, March 17, 2013
C.A.S.E. from Heather Klump using Designer Typeset Photopolymer Stamps
Today's card is CASE'd from fellow Demonstrator Heather Klump. CASE means Copy And Share Everything. I believe CASEing is a great idea but that you should always try to ask and give credit where it is due if possible.
Please CLICK HERE to see Heather's website, HLKdownstairsdesigns.blogspot.com
This card was so fun to make, I may make a video on how to do it? What do you think?
As you can see Heather's original design used the 2012 - 2014 In Colors and I chose the 2011 - 2013 In Colors. There are a couple of other small changes I made, but I really just fell in love with the simplicity and the humor of the card she made using the new Photopolymer stamp set. It is especially meaningful to me, as I have no sense of direction. In fact, my father in law bought me a GPS last year for Christmas!
Designer Typeset Photopolymer Stamp Set #132956
Paper and Ink:
2011 - 2013 In Color Cardstock and inkpad kit #122993 $29.95 pg 152
Clear Block A
Clear Block C
Clear Block D
Paper Snips #103579 $9.95 pg 180
Stampin Trimmer #126889 $29.95 pg 180
Adhesive & Accessories:
SNAIL #104332 $6.95 pg 177
Stampin' Diimensionals #104430 $3.95 for 300 pg 177
1. Cut your colored cardstock down from 8 1/2" x 11 to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Score at 4 1/4".
2. Cut Whisper White cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5".
3. Use another piece of Whisper White cardstock to stamp the quotation bubble and expletive symbols.
4. I recommend stamping the words at the bottom first, I chose to line up all of the "O"s in each word.
5. Get the O and put in the middle of one of the larger clear blocks. Put it in the middle of the block so you can see around where you will be stamping to accurately align the rest of the letters. If you put it on the edge there is distortion looking through the acrylic sides of the block.
6. Ink the O and stamp it for LOST. Remove from the block you are using and put it on the other larger clear block for temporary keeping, this will keep your sheet of stamps clean.
7. Put the L in the middle of the block, ink, line up with the O and stamp. Repeat for S and T.
8. Stamp off the O onto your grid paper until all of the ink is off. Ink with the next color for WITHOUT. Line up the O directly under the O in LOST. Remove the O and put it on the storage block, stamp the rest of WITHOUT.
9. Stamp off the O onto your grid paper until all of the ink is off. Ink with the next color for YOU. Line up the O directly under the O in WITHOUT. Finish stamping the YOU.
10. Ink up any of the smaller arrow symbols you want to use by the words and stamp.
11. Ink and stamp the expletives symbols in the quotation bubble. Put all used letters and symbols on the storage block so you can clean them all at once.
12. Now for the big arrows, Heather's card used two of each color but I found mine needed one more to fill out the spacing.
13. If you like, you can paper pierce a border as Heather did around the edge of the Whisper White cardstock. I didn't because my image went closer to the edge than hers.
14. Adhere the main image to the card base with SNAIL.
15. Cut out the quotation bubble and adhere to image with a Stampin' Dimensional.
A big THANK YOU again to Heather for letting me CASE this card!