Saturday, March 16, 2013
Do you feel lucky?
Maybe you will after having a refreshing Tic Tac!
These were super easy to whip up once I figured out the measurements. I wanted to make something that you didn't have to take off to get at the mints. So the wraps sit just below the lip of the flip top. Mints can be effective AND pretty now!
They'd be a great way to advertise your business too, just stick an address label with your info on the back!
Lucky Day single stamp from Spring Catalog #129177, pg 24, $6.95 wood only
Tea for Two Designer Series Paper from Spring Catalog #129311, pg 3, $10.95 for 12 double sided 12x12" sheets
Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650m pg 156 annual catalog, $8.50 for 40 sheets of 80 lb cardstock
Lucky Limeade In Color Classic Stampin' Pad #126984, pg 152 AC, $5.95
Stampin' Trimmer #126889 pg 180 annual catalog, $29.95
Adhesive & Accessories:
Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine #125572 pg 172 annual catalog, $9.95 for 10 yards
Brights Designer Series Buttons - Old Olive flower used, #119747, $8.95 for 72
In Color Dahlias - Primrose Petals flower used, #127556, $7.95 for 20
Sticky Strip #110755, $6.96 for 10 yards
Glue Dots #103683, $4.95 for 300 dots
1. If you want to make the floral wrap, cut a green strip of the diagonal striped DSP in Tea for Two.
2. Cut your Designer Series Paper into a 2 3/4" strip. One strip can make two wraps.
3. Score at 5/8"
4. Score at 2 3/8"
5. Score at 3"
6. Score at 4 3/4"
7. Cut at 5 1/4"
8. Repeat scoring and cutting if making another wrap from the same strip. I used the back of the green pattern to make the floral one.
9. Ink the Lucky Day stamp in Lucky Limeade, stamp onto Very Vanilla Cardstock.
10. Trim the Very Vanilla to 2 5/8" high x 1 5/8" wide. It's close but you'll make it. Measure and mark in pencil first if you are not accustomed to using the Trimmer yet.
11. Tie a piece of Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine twice around the image at the top and tie into a bow.
12. Use Sticky Strip on each side of the Tic Tac container. Peel off the orange liners. I used one strip up the middle of each side.
13. Carefully align your scored DSP just under the lip and press to adhere, wrapping to meet the corners of the container. The container slightly tapers so the bottom of the wrap will be a little looser than the top.
14. Use another sticky strip to secure the flap. If the ends of the flap stick up, use a glue dot at top and bottom.
15. If embellishing with the diagonal green striped paper strip on the flower wrap use Sticky Strip and wrap the paper around the middle of the container, trim to the edge.
16. Use Sticky strip to adhere the Lucky Day image.
17. Adhere the Old Olive flower button with a glue dot OR
put a glue dot on the back of the In Color Primrose Petal Dahlia and trim two small pieces of Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine and loop onto the glue dot to make leaves.